Pagine

IT_WOMEN_980x120

venerdì 19 agosto 2011

GOSSIP GIRL: YES AND NO-S

Lately -beside pack and organize all of my crap- I've been watching a lot Gossip Girl in the evenings, I bought the first 3 seasons on Amazon some while ago. I must admit it, it's endearing, but I expected so much more, especially from the characters!! Before watch it on TV I used to read the books of Cecily Von Ziegesar, and the characters were so much more captivating: Serena was described as model-beauty, the kind of one you stare in admiration when they walk down the streets, and lil Jenny Humphrey was a curly brown-haired wild chick with boobs so big that embarassed her, Vanessa was bold, Serena's BIGGER brother Eric (non smaller..) was out to college and was as fascinating as her, and Eleanor Waldorf was a fat wreck-mother who re-married with a certain Cyrus Rose, who Blair hated, and who had a son, Aaron, who hooked up with both Serena and Vanessa...

OK they changed the story a little, that's fair, but according to me they weren't able to keep the fascinating features of the characters, who made every single character just itself. I found most of them empty and only full of dramas..

I also found them pretty ugly.. The only ones I liked were Blair (superb Leighton Meester and SOO alike Blair's book character), Lily van der Woodsen, Chuck Bass - even if a little different from the book's character, Nate Archibald and Jenny Humphrey -even if very different from the original character I really liked Taylor Momsen. I liked so and so Dan Humphrey, too similar to Seth Cohen from the OC, and I really disliked Serena! This chick Blake Lively totally lacks of charm, and I even disliked her actress's skills...

One character I really liked was Georgina Sparks: mysterious and charming, who best than superb Michelle Trachtenberg could play that role? I started to love her when staying up all nights watching Buffy! :) If anyone could play Serena Van Der Woodsen in respect of the real character that could have been her!


What do you think of GG serie? Did you read the books? Do you like all the characters?


xoxPrincessPAM


(ah ah actually xoxPrincessPAM comes as an inspirayion from GG books!!!!! :D )

2 commenti:

  1. l'attrice che interpreta georgina è davvero bellissima..

    http://ilmondotiaspetta.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  2. Già!! Michelle Trachtenberg è veramente bellissima!!

    RispondiElimina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
728x90 TrovaOfferte Estate 2012